Before/During:
A coat or two of primer over the previous owner's "lemons, blueberries, and olives border"
and a small test of the new color.
in the background.
More green, less white.
Also, the unprimed border. I had mixed feelings about it. It was hand-painted (not stenciled!) by a friend of the previous owner. Printz Charming was in favor of keeping it. But we're friends with the previous owners and I felt like I was still in "Krista's kitchen." The border just wasn't me.
After:
This project took me the better part of the summer. 15 minutes here, 15 minutes
there . . . that's the reality of painting with a baby. Sometimes a week or two (or three)
would slip by before I had opportunity or energy to work on it.
All that really remains now is for my handsome Printz to finish putting on the cabinet
and drawer handles. ;)
Color: "Brookside Moss" by Benjamin Moore.



No comments:
Post a Comment