Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider

When I stumbled across this recipe on Dreaming All Day, I immediately thought of Thanksgiving. Apple cider is such a classic fall beverage and the addition of spices and caramel seemed like a really, really good idea. 

It totally was. I ended up using only cinnamon sticks because I didn't have any cloves as the original recipe called for, but it still tasted amazing
Did I mention it's also super easy? Cider, fresh apple slices, cinnamon, and caramel sauce. Mix together in a slow cooker. That's it! 

Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider

Recipe adapted from Dreaming All Day
Serves 16

  • 1 gallon apple cider (I used slightly less because I didn't want to overfill my crockpot)
  • 1 apple  
  • 3/4 cup caramel syrup
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • Optional: extra apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and/or whipped cream for garnish
Cut the apple into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. 

Stir together the cider and caramel syrup in a slow cooker. Toss in the cinnamon sticks and apple slices. Cook for 6 hours on low. 

Remove the cinnamon sticks before serving and give it a good stir. Garnish each glass with a slice of apple, a cinnamon stick, or a dollop of whipped cream.  



No comments:

Post a Comment