Breakfast is my favorite meal. I am very nostalgic about it; Monday Morning Pancake Breakfasts are an unforgettable family tradition. "Daddy Dates" meant going to Fancy Pantry or Airport Diner and getting breakfast, just the two of us. I carried a tiny notebook and Daddy would write down where we went and what we ate (this was in my pre-literacy days).
Of course, I also just love breakfast food. Pancakes, eggs in all forms, sausage, bacon, muffins, cereal, and obviously waffles.
This is by far my favorite basic waffle recipe. The batter is simple and quick to mix up.
Printz Charming cooked bacon to go along with the waffles. I have recently become a fan after years of bacon-hating.
Thanks to the hurricane, my Printz did not have to work. Hot breakfasts enjoyed together as a family are pretty rare in this house. I loved our "Hurricane Day."
Sour Cream Waffles
Recipe adapted from AllrecipesServes 4
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, sour cream, yogurt, and vinegar. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
Cook on preheated waffle iron until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup or other toppings.
(Leftover waffles can be reheated in a toaster and are especially delicious served with ice cream.)
No comments:
Post a Comment