Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Friday

I am thankful for this precious milestone. 
I am thankful my husband and his parents were there to share in and celebrate it. 
Grandpop and Mommom
I am thankful that when I fell on the stairs today, I was holding a bag of dirty diapers, not her. I'm also thankful I put the gate back up so I had something to grab onto. 

Washing the dishes this morning, I felt thankful for my cookie sheet. There is nothing particularly unusual about it, but it was a wedding gift. It reminded me of all the gifts we were given, so many of which I use daily. It led me deeper down a trail of gratitude to a thankfulness for the friends and family who gave us these thoughtful, useful gifts.


Rain and a leaf on our deck on Monday morning.
As I see more pictures of the destruction from the hurricane and hear how many friends nearby lost electricity for days, I am deeply thankful that we were spared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment